Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How To Help at Home





I got this idea from another first grade teacher at New Hope... The spelling tree. I hope you find as helpful as I have!





The following video is the only that may need an additional explanation. Several parents have asked me how they can help their first graders practice new phonics sounds at home. This is how I introduce new sounds in the classroom and it’s a great strategy to use at home also to reinforce new sounds. The thing I love about practicing sounds this way, is that students who learn best by hearing, seeing or moving are right at home with this method... they “write" the letters with their fingers, feel the sound in their throat at they say it, hear the sound as they chant it, and see the sound on their chart or flashcard. Hopefully that will help to shed a bit more light on this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment