Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finally a Butterfly

Do you remember way back at the beginning of the school year when our class did a unit on metamorphosis? This video is from September when we got our first class pet - caterpillars. 



We watched as they all formed their chrysalises and waited it out all winter. In all honesty, we were beginning to wonder if they’d ever emerge, but I’m so happy to report that our patience finally paid off. On out very first day back from spring break (appropriately) there was a surprise waiting. One our caterpillars had finally emerged from it’s chrysalis as a beautiful butterfly! 


I wish I had thought to film its release into the garden, but it all our excitement, I was lucky to get this lone, blurry photo! The kiddos named him Peter and waved goodbye as he flew... for the first time in his life! One student, in all her excitement, exclaimed “It’s a miracle!” I couldn’t agree more. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment