Saturday, May 26, 2012

Last Days

The Lord has been so faithful this school year. It’s been one full of change and adaptation, and a lot of growth! I’m so proud of my students and all that we have accomplished this year!!! I wanted to share just a few of the sweet moments our class enjoyed in the last days of school.

The weather was so beautiful, so we spent some time in the garden (that we are so blessed to have, thanks to Mrs. Ramsey and the garden club) just drawing and writing about the amazing plant life there.

So many of the flowers were in full bloom and perfect for sketching detail!

 Super focused!

He was careful to find just the right color to represent his plant of choice.

I had planned for us to spend some time outside in the park/playground area to draw and talk about our favorite memories from the school year using sidewalk chalk. Unfortunately, rainy weather called for some improvisation so I used black craft paper and we created our own “sidewalk” indoors. The students loved this and I enjoyed hearing about their favorite memories. So many of them I never would have guessed...

Like this fella here on the left... yep, that’s a multiplication sign you see. His favorite memory was learning how to multiply =)

After the “sidewalk” was finished we hung it up and students shared their pictures and stories.  


This is one group of lively and imaginative students and I can’t wait to see my first-graders now second-graders all grown up come August! 

No comments:

Post a Comment